Co-codamol is a combination of 2 different painkillers i.e: paracetamol and codeine. It is used to treat severe aches and pains which include muscular pain, headaches, migraine, and toothache. Kids aged between 12 to 15 years can have Co-codamol, but it should not be used regularly like paracetamol and ibuprofen. If you are planning to buy Co-codamol UK, kindly consult your doctor first.
Please note: the medicine should not be given to the children who are under the age of 12 years.
Some serious key facts:
- Never give Co-codamol to children who are less than 12 years. It can also cause breathing problems in your kids.
- The tablets and capsules come in 3 different strengths. So, you can buy Co-codamol UK with the lowest strength especially when buying it for your children.
- Remember, giving your children Co-codamol for a long time can be very harmful. Therefore, do not increase the dosage without consulting your doctor.
- Always give your children with 4 dosages and leave at least 6 hours between each of them.
- The painkiller is available and is known by a number of different brand names. Kindly, talk to your pharmacist or doctor in case you have any questions about the different brand name or strength.
Who can and cannot take Co-codamol?
Co-codamol can be consumed by children who are aged between 12 to 15 years if the other painkillers have not worked. Somehow, the medicine is not suitable for some children and therefore, you must consult your doctor before giving the medicine to your child.
- If your child has serious lung-related problems or breathing difficulties.
- If your kid ever had a head injury.
- If your kid has problems related to the adrenal gland.
- If your little one has liver problems.
- If your kid had tonsils removed because of a sleep problem.
How and when to give Co-codamol to your child?
Co-codamol is available in various forms like tablets and capsules and can be consumed with a drink of water. In case your child finds it difficult to swallow the medicine, then it is also available in the soluble form, which means that it can be dissolved in the water.